Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Jeera Rice - Jeera Pulao



Jeera Rice - Jeera Pulao


One of the simplest and easiest meals I make whenever I feel lazy. This recipe jus needs maximum of 15-20 minutes. Cumin seeds itself have a lovely flavor in it. When you mix it with plain rice, the exotic flavor is really awesome. Since I wanted to enhance the flavor much more, I have used green peas and corn in it. The original recipe doesn’t require all this. It’s just the rice tempered with lots of jeera.




 I prefer to make this rice atleast in a month since jeera aids ur digestion process.  I sometimes make this for dinner along with chicken hariyali tikka or with kadai paneer.


Ingredients


1 cup basmathi Rice
2-3 green chillies
2-3 tbsp jeera/shah jeera/cumin seeds
1 bay leaf (optional)
Oil
Salt
Coriander leaves/ cilantro (to garnish)

Preparation time: 2-3 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes

How I made it

  • Wash and soak rice in 2 cups of water for about 15 -20 mins
  • Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add jeera to it. Once it splutters off add green chillies. 
  • I used green peas and American corn to enhance the taste. You can use mushrooms also.

  • Cook for some time and add the soaked rice. Mix well completely. Add water, check for salt.

  • Keep for 1 whistle in medium flame and simmer the stove for 5mins.
  • Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.

Notes

  1. I made it in a wok. You can also do this in rice cooker. Just follow the first two steps in a pan and transfer it into a rice cooker and cook as usual.
  2. For tempering you can also add bayleaf. This enhances the flavor. 




Linking this Recipe to: Cooking with Seeds Rice Event 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Paru! Can I use electric cooker to make this rice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes ... you can do it ... refer to "Notes" :)

      Delete