Friday, April 5, 2013

Chettinad Fish Fry - Chettinad meen varuval




Chettinad Fish Fry - Chettinad meen varuval


Before I start I need to tell this, am a great great fan of fish.  Either if it is a fry or gravy I can eat it as such. I badly need any non vegetarian food for my Sunday and mostly amma makes fish, since dats my first choice. And you know it is comparatively healthy when compared to other meat varieties :-D .Whenever amma makes fish I ll be the first person to taste it, even if it is hot on the tawa. Even am famous among my relatives as a fan of fish and they definitely include fish fry on the menu whenever I make a visit to their place. 



This recipe I have adapted from a cookery show and I haven’t tried it before. Once I tried, I could not able to resist myself. The flavor arrested me and I ate some pieces before taking the photo   

Here I have used catfish and it is really very soft. I have also tried with salmon and tilapia. Both are equally good. So, as like me enjoy ur Sunday with this delicious chettinad fish fry. 


Preparation time: 2 hrs
Cooking time : 30-45 mins 

Ingredient

6-7 pieces of fish
4-5 garlic pods
6 shallots/chinna vengayam
2tsp chilli powder
3tsp coriander powder/dhaniya powder
1tsp whole black pepper
1tsp cumin seeds/jeera
1tsp fennel seeds
Salt        
Oil


Method

  • Clean fish completely and add some turmeric powder to get rid of dirts.
  • Grind all the items given with salt. Add little of water to make it as a smooth paste.
  • Marinate the smooth masala on to the cleaned fish one by one. Refrigerate for 1-2hrs.


  • Carefully fry all the fish with excess oil on both the sides.

  • Serve hot with steamed rice and rasam


No comments:

Post a Comment