Monday, March 18, 2013

Bread Upma Recipe




Bread Upma Recipe


On a snowy day with chill breezy temperature I would like to have something very hot and crispy. Today I found leisure time to concentrate on my breakfast. I had some bread slices and some veggies at home. Instead of doing a usual bread sandwich or toast I made bread upma. You must have already known about this recipe, but still I wanted to blog this up. 




I have used red colored capsicum which gives a beautiful taste and color. You can also try this with different colors of capsicum. As like fried rice half cooked veggies will enhance the taste. I personally feel this to be a nutritious breakfast since it has most veggies. 





Preparation time: 3-4 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes


Ingredients
10 Bread slices
1 onion (finely chopped)
1 carrot
½ cup cabbage
1 Capsicum
1-2 green chillies
3-4tsp oil/ghee
¼ cup grated paneer 
Coriander leaves (to garnish)
1tsp mustard seeds
1tsp cumin seeds
1tsp pepper powder



How I made It

  • Remove the corners of bread slices and cut into small cubes. In a pan heat oil/ghee roast the bread cubes. Keep aside.
  • Heat oil; splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Follow adding onions and green chillies. Give a quick fry.
  • Stir fry all the chopped veggies.  Keep up the crunchiness of the veggies. Finally add roasted bread cubes and grated paneer. Mix well and add pepper powder on top of it. Check for salt.
  • Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot. 



No comments:

Post a Comment