Friday, May 3, 2013

Rice Pakodas - Rice Pakoras - Recipe with the left over rice


This happens to most of us… yeah..!! For me a big head ache is “LEFT OVER” Food items… I don’t like to preserve food in refrigerator. Even if I refrigerate I ll not store more than a day.  I feel it is not good for the health.  I made Egg fried rice yesterday and I cooked rice in excess and I don’t have any other option rather dumping in fridge. But suddenly I got an idea of making it as pakodas as like we get in the streets of South-India. They use besan with lots of onions in it. Here I used the cooked rice as my base with onions in it. I was really very happy for not wasting my food and I turned it into a delicious tea-time snack. This post will definitely help u I believe… *smile*


Preparation time: 3-4 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes

Ingredients

1 cup of cooked rice
2 onions (finely chopped)
1 green chilli
5-6 chopped mint leaves
¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
1 sprig chopped Curry leaves
Salt
Oil (for deep frying)

How to make it

  • Smash the cooked rice either with a smasher or using a ladle.
  • Add the chopped onions, mint, curry leaves, green chillies and coriander leaves to it.
  • Add salt and mix well.

  • Keep for 15 minutes as such.
  • In a wok heat oil and add the small pakodas to the hot oil. Cook till it turns golden brown in medium flame.

  • Drain the excess oil in a kitchen tissue.
  • Serve hot with masala tea.




Notes
  1. Always make pakodas only in hot oil. If not there is chance of pakodas to suck lots of oil inside.
  2. Avoid green chillies if serving for kids. Instead add ½ tsp chilli powder to it.
  3. You can enhance the flavor much more by adding few ginger pieces.
Linking this Recipe to: Cooking with Seeds Rice Event 



No comments:

Post a Comment