Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Asparagus Chutney Recipe


Asparagus, this word is very new to me a year back. Now I became a fan of this veggie. Once I tried grilled asparagus in an American restaurant, it was awesome. I wanted to incorporate asparagus in my day-to-day recipe. One of my friend suggested me about making chutney with asparagus. So I simply added asparagus with our own style of chutney. Trust me it was a grand success. TH loved it and I made it again in the same week.


I usually have a habit of analyzing about all the veggies before I buy. When I searched for asparagus it went on and on. It has folic acid, anti-aging, reduces the risk for cancer and heart diseases. So why wait!!! Try ur version of this chutney and lemme know the response.


I served semolina biryani along with this chutney. You can also serve this as a thogayal for curd rice. 

Ingredients:

½ tsp urad dal
½ tsp chana dal
4-5 red chillies
Generous pinch of hing/asofoetida
5-6 strands of asparagus chopped
¼ cup grated coconut
¼ inch of ginger
Little of tamarind
For tempering
½ tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp urad dal
1-2 red chillies (optional)
Curry leaves (optional)

How I made

  • In a pan heat ¼ tsp oil and fry urad and chana dal.

  • Follow adding red chillies and chopped asparagus.  Cook for 2-3 minutes.


  • Now add the chopped ginger and tamarind. Keep for another 1 minutes.

  • Add the grated coconut, mix well. Fry for 2-3 minutes.

  • Grind all the ingredients with salt into a smooth paste. Add little of water to grind.
  • Temper with the items given.
  • Serve with hot idlis/dosa along with the tiffin sambar.             
 Linking this Recipe to Seasonal Food Event

















Linking this Recipe to: Cook with Comfort Event

2 comments: