Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Spinach Dosai | Palak Dosai | Simple Breakfast Recipe


I love to add lots of greens in my lunch menu. But I don’t find any good variety of greens here as like we get in India. So I need to completely depend on spinach all the time. I make all the traditional kootu, poriyal and masiyal with this spinach and it became very boring day by day. Amma gave this idea of adding spinach leaves to chapathi and dosa. I already posted recipe about palak chapathi and now here is the time to share palak dosai/spinach dosai.



In this recipe I used red chillies and I have mentioned of using either green chillies or red chillies. When ur serving for kids try avoid using green chillies since they are extremely hot than the red ones. I served it with chili-garlic pickle; you can try with any types of chutney

Preparation time: less than 5 mins
Cooking time: 2-3 mins

Ingredients

1 cup fresh palak leaves (spinach)
1tsp cumin seeds
1-2 red chillies or green chillies
1bsp chopped onions

How to make it

  • Please refer my previous post on how to make idli batter column for Idli/Dosa batter.
  • Once the batter is fermented take five cups of the batter. Keep aside.
  • Blanch the spinach leaves with ½ cup of water with little of salt in it. You can even add little of sugar to maintain color of the leaves. Drain off the excess water.
  • Let it cool down and grind it in a mixie along with cumin and chillies. I used red chillies, you can also try with green chillies. But add according to ur spice level.

  • Add this ground paste to the batter and mix.
  • Heat a dosa pan and spread the batter as like we do for normal dosa (Either thin or thick). Drizzle few drops of oil to the sides and garnish with the chopped onions on top.



  • Fold the dosas once it turns brown in the ends and cooked fully.


Linking this Recipe to: Cook with Comfort Event

No comments:

Post a Comment