Thursday, November 21, 2013

Chicken Manchurian | Indo-Chinese Manchurian Recipe with Step-by-Step Pics


Here comes my next chicken recipe for the weekend special ~:>. Manchurian has been my very first dish which I tried at home on amma’s guidance. I got the recipe from one of my fren and tried at my home. Amma helped me in deep frying the chicken and all that. She never allowed me to play with hazardous in the kitchen… Soooo caring she seems to be :x… but now I don’t have any option. I need to take care of myself, :( uhhhf!!!


My first dish was a great success and I passed some to my aunt’s place and she was amazed on seeing me doing all this :O...I don’t know wat wonder!!! They loved the dish and my uncle cleaned and wiped off the box and returned back for some more =P~

You can use cauliflower or paneer to make a veggie version of Manchurian. I served it with Egg Fried Rice and Chicken 65 (recipe soon).

Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 20 mins

Ingredients

Boneless Chicken ½ kg
1 onion (cubed)
3-4 garlic
1 inch of ginger
½ cup cubed Capsicum
2-3 green chillies
½ tsp soy sauce
½ tsp chilli sauce
Green onions/spring onions
Salt
1 tsp Corn flour
Water
Oil (for deep frying)

 For batter

1tbsp all purpose flour
½-1 tsp cornflour
1-2 eggs
Pinch of chilli powder (optional)
Salt (to taste)

How to make it

  • Wash and cube the chicken into the desired shape. Always use boneless chicken; I used the breast of chicken. Even the thighs taste great for a Manchurian.
  • Finely chop the ginger and garlic separately. Peel the onions skin and make a cube of it. In the same way cube the capsicum and chop the green chillies.
  • Mix the ingredients given under the table ‘for batter’ add the cubed chicken into it. Marinate it for ½-1 hour.

  • Deep fry the chicken in hot oil till it turns crisper. Drain the excess oil and set aside.


  • In a wok heat 1-2 tsp of oil and sauté the chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies.

  • Add the cubed onions to and cook further. Make sure the heat is on high.

  • When the onions turn crunchier add the cubed capsicum and sauté.

  • Add the sauces and mix well.

  • If u wants the Manchurian to be dry don’t add water, instead add the deep fried chicken at this stage… sauté and garnish with spring onions.   

  • If u wants to be in a gravy texture, add ½ cup of water and allow it to boil. Then add the deep fried chicken and mix well. Once it blends well add the corn starch syrup (see notes) and mix again. This corn starch gives thick gravy texture. 

  • Garnish with the chopped spring onions and serve hot.


Notes:
  1. Corn starch syrup: mix 1tsp of corn starch with half cup of water. Don’t add the entire mixture to the Manchurian as such. Add it spoon by spoon till the Manchurian gets the desire consistency.
  2. First start with the marinating step, and utilize the marinating time for chopping the veggies.
  3. You can also use the same oil which is used for deep frying to make the Manchurian.
  4. Tomato sauce can also be added to give a tangy taste. Since I don’t like the flavor I don’t use it.
  5. Green chillies can be avoided when serving for kids.
  6. Make sure u don’t add too much of water to make gravy. You need the onions and capsicum to be crunchy and not soggy. 
  7. Red food color can be added to the chicken to get the deep red color. I don’t like to use food colors in my dish, so I avoided. 

No comments:

Post a Comment