Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mysore Pak Recipe | Krishna Sweets Style Recipe


Hey all… I hope all are doing good… yeah I know, it’s been a long time since I posted my last blog post. Past two weeks I was really very busy to concentrate on my family and other stuffs… and I rarely get time to see my page… I was really pissed off about the things going on around me and hope it gets better as days goes on…
Let’s not bother about that now… I have few good reasons to share with you all… I started up writing posts on a very good valentine’s day and today our blog is turning up with its 1st birthday… and hence I thought of sharing a traditional Indian sweet recipe to share with… so far I have shared about 150 recipes in my blog and am so thankful and great for the support and feedback am getting from… keep up the good work and it encourages me in proceeding with the next ventures…



Now coming to the recipe, Mysore Pak… am not a great fan of this so called yum-sum Mysore Pak… since I hate to have gram flour in my foods. As u all knew the name came from the place which it comes from. It was created by a chef in Mysore palace and hence it is also called as “Royal Sweet”… (Source: Wiki). Later Krishna Sweets became very popular on their own version of Mysore Pak all over the world. The recipe am sharing here is exactly the way how Krishna Sweets make their own version of mysore pak.


A good friend of mine insisted me to try this recipe for a very long time and the right time comes to share this Indian traditional sweet in my blog.



Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15-20 mins

Ingredients

1 cup Gram flour/besan/kadala mavu
1 cup sugar
¼ cup water
1 cup melted ghee

How to make it

  • Add a tsp of ghee in a dry pan and roast the flour for 4-5 mins or nice aroma comes.

  • Add ¾ cup of ghee in a bowl and add the sieved flour slowly to the ghee and mix well. It should be in pouring consistency. Set aside this mixture for 15mins.

  • Heat water and sugar in a sauce pan,in medium flame. Let the sugar completely dissolves in the water and heat till u get one-string consistency.




  • Mean while grease a plate with little of ghee, I used my baking pan for this purpose and set aside.
  • Once the string consistency is reached, add the flour-ghee mixture to the syrup and mix well.

  • Keep stirring the mixture and reduce the flame to low.




  • Keep adding the ghee at regular intervals and never allow it to get dry at any stage.
  • First it starts to bubble up and starts to reduce and forms a thick lump without sticking. Follow the pics for the correct consistency.


  • Once it reaches the right stage, transfer it to the greased pan. Let it stand for some time and cool to room temperature.


  • Cut into ur desired shape. Serve and enjoy!!!




Note

  1. You will really need so much patience to get the right consistency. It is better to turn the flame to maximum low and stirring continuously. Using non stick pan really helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment